People are going to know who’s responsible. And they’re going to get the news – the true news – quickly and simply and entertainingly. And no special interests will be allowed to interfere with the truth of that news. – Charles Foster Kane, Citizen Kane, 1941
Lens of History: noun phrase. The view of a historical wargame as the point of departure for an alternate history
- History First: Every game will be examined with history in mind before all other considerations. We are Lens of History, not Lens of Fiction.
- Purpose-Built Valued: Games that enable historicity are more likely to be built from the ground up to achieve that purpose. One size or system doesn’t fit all.
- Immersive Enjoyment: Game historicity and detail should contribute to player immersion, enhancing entertainment. If the game is a Time Machine, people have fun.
- Inspiration before Perspiration: We will work on content we are inspired to labor upon. We want to have fun at Lens of History!
- No Favorites: We value friendships and relationships, but objectivity in opinion and commentary are essential to integrity. They’re just reviews, after all.